Online Store will be closing September 30th. September 18 2019
GOING FAST!! PLACE YOUR ORDERS August 30 2017
GARLIC IS PICKED AND DRYING. PLACE YOUR ORDERS July 10 2017
Cloves and Fishes Update June 01 2016
2015 Cloves and Fishes update: We were able to donate over 100lbs. of organic gourmet garlic to the Albion, PA food pantry again which serves 250 local families. The garlic continues to be a hit with the families and we get a lot of inquiries between deliveries from staff and friends of the pantry. We get excited about bringing flavor into people's lives. We look to continue this relationship with more deliveries in 2016. We greatly appreciate the ministry that the Albion Food pantry provides to our community.
2015 Healthiergarlic.com Harvest Concert And Party August 31 2015
Where: Simonsen Farms, 23262 Hwy 18, Springboro, PA 16435
When: Saturday September 5th from 3pm- 10pm.
Come celebrate the 2015 Healthiergarlic.com garlic harvest with us. We're raising the barn to thank our Flavor Raisers, customers and friends:
3pm, come sample and buy from 12 types of gourmet organic garlic.
4pm Farmer Dan entertains with gourmet garlic demonstration. Cooking tips, growing info, comedy and homilies. Bring your note pad...
5pm pulled pork BBQ served by Church's Pig Pickin BBQ, along with pot luck sides - bring a side, bring a chair.
Please RSVP so we know how much meat to smoke.
6:30 pm Awesome Live Accoustic Concert in the barn with EdenLight (Dave and Sue Bicko), followed by the Country Gospel Vinegar Sauce duo (Damon Church and Dan Simonsen). It's going to elevate the night! Raisin' flavor, lifting your spirits and moving your feet.
We're also seeing off one of our Flavor Raiser family, Paul Beresford. Come wish "Peaches" well before he heads south.
"Cloves and Fishes" Co-Op Partner August 07 2015
We are initiating a new grass roots pilot program for facilitating healthy community and allowing greater pricing and shipping efficiencies for delicious organic garlic direct from the farm to your table: The "Cloves and Fishes" Co-Op Partner
"Cloves and Fishes" Co-op partners may receive benefits such as the following:
*A commemorative "Cloves and Fishes" T-shirt.
*Gourmet meal served at the farm with an intimate tour.
*Help with growing your own garlic.
*The benefit of facilitating health to your friends and community.
At this stage we are looking for some test pilots for 2015. Let us know if you are interested. Help us shape this new program so it can make sense for you and your friends and family. Message us through the site on the "Contact US" section or call 814-587-3143 if you have an interest or some good input.
Cloves and Fishes Update June 02 2015
2014 Cloves and Fishes update: We were able to donate 130lbs. of organic garlic to the Albion, PA food pantry which serves more than 250 local families. This was the first time they ever had garlic available to distribute and they told us it was a hit with the families. We get excited about bringing new flavor into people's lives! We look to continue and grow this relationship with more deliveries in 2015.
One of our "flavor raisers" from 2014, Candace Storms went out into the long term mission field in remote Paraguay with New Tribes Missions. Cloves and Fishes has added Candace as a sponsored missionary and we are proud of her and pray for her service to the people of Paraguay. Our prayers and support are with her for the long term. Candace was such a help to our garlic harvest and planting in 2014 and is a dear friend to us.
We are currently working on some new ministry partnerships which we will report on soon. It's all about the purpose. Read our FAQ's for detail on Cloves and Fishes.
For 2015 harvest we will be offering a new "Cloves and Fishes" T-shirt if you missed out on the 2014 version. We'll announce opportunity for you to order one in the coming weeks.
Garlic Farmers Grilled Cheese Recipe August 23 2014
Simple Recipe Idea: Garlic Farmers Grilled Cheese
Just got out of the lab(kitchen) and have a successful recipe we thought we'd share because it was off the charts delicious.
Makes 3-5 sandwiches
Small bulb Hardneck Garlic (Music used today)
Cherry Tomatoes from our organic garden
White or Wheat Bread
Fresh Swiss Cheese
- Crush your garlic and let it rest, for ten minutes. Today I used a garlic twist to crush and then let it rest on a small glass cutting board for maximum oil retention during and after the rest.
- Thinly slice 6-7 cherry tomatoes. And layout 2 pieces of Swiss cheese for each sandwich so it begins to warm to room temp.
- Sautee 1/2 of the garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes on medium/low heat. Remove garlic before caramelizes. (a little caramelization is ok) and leave a little garlic in the pan. Temporarily remove pan from heat while you prepare sandwich.
- Layout your bread and spread remaining raw garlic on one bread slice of each sandwich. Place 2 thin slices of Swiss cheese on top of the bread you just spread with raw garlic. Top the Swiss with the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- On the other slice of bread spread the sautéed garlic and then top the sandwich, garlic side in toward the middle. Both raw and cooked garlic should be inside the sandwich.
- Add a little butter back to the pan and then place 2 sandwiches into pan. I move them around the pan to absorb the garlicky butter left from the sautee. I slow grill the sandwiches on medium/low until I am happy with the crust. Pay attention and get them perfect (no multi-tasking allowed).
We paired with a vegetable beef stew. For health I ate all remaining raw garlic and mopped up the oils and pieces from the twist and the cutting board. Experimented with Cheddar cheese as well, but found the Swiss cheese to be superior. The mixture of raw and correctly sautéed garlic creates a great flavor profile (We do this often in our recipes for flavor and health).